Friday 16 March 2012

Lust list

Admittedly, it has been a while since I have posted. With a recent holiday to Lanzarote and my new role as Junior Account Executive at Spink as well as a stint at the OTC Marketing awards, I have had my hands full. Things continue to move fast, too. I'm learning new things each day in my new job and next Thursday, I'll be having my first ever driving lesson. Wish me luck! For now, here is this week's lust list.

These birthstone rings from Pandora are gorgeous. I'm actually a May baby, which makes my birthstone Emerald, but I'm loving the pearl and sapphire rings. Simply gorgeous.
I recently read The Reader by Bernard Schlink on holiday and I was really inspired by it. I am always interested in literature depicting the holocaust, and this book is a truly original story. I can't reveal too much, but if you haven't yet read it, do give it a try. I promise you will be enthralled. 
I am absolutely loving BBC's new drama White Heat. The series features a group of housemates from the 1960's through to the present day and the issues they face. The second episode entitled 'Eve of Destruction' set in 1967 was brilliant, and the young cast are exceptional. For me, it isn't dissimilar to the 1996 BBC drama Our Friends in the North. If you, like me, were far too young to remember it when it originally aired, be sure to nab it on box set. Compulsive viewing. 


I'm not usually a great fan of modern music, but one song that has continually been on the radio this week is Somebody I used to know by Gotye. Fantastically catchy, it strikes the balance between infectious pop and hip indie sound. I might even check out his album.


If I ever manage to have enough money to treat myself to something wonderful, I'm sure one of the first things I'll do is go out and buy a Mulberry bag. I was very excited when I saw this gorgeous edition, entitled the Del Rey. Available in an array of colours, my favourite is this Deer Brown leather. Named after the one and only Lana Del Rey, this beautiful bag is launched in May. Just in time for my 22nd birthday. Not that I'm hinting, of course.

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect red suede boots and I'm pretty positive this ASOS pair fit the bill. I can just imagine pairing these with a pair of jeggings or a pretty floral dress for spring. If anyone has a spare £45 hanging around, feel free. Wouldn't they be fantastic with the Mulberry bag?



That's it for this week's Lust list. Until next week!